Meeting someone for the first time is always a mix of excitement and nerves, and when for romantic
interests – then it’s bull blown butterflies! You want to come across as sophisticated, charming and blow
it out of the park – but what if the conversation doesn’t flow after the first 10 minutes? Well, we have
you covered! We know you’ll have some aces up your sleeve, and we suggest you start with those. It’s
natural for there to be some lulls in the conversation, so it’s a good idea to choose some of these first
date questions as a fallback if the silence gets a little too awkward.
Remember, the purpose of these questions is to ease you into a natural conversation, not to bombard
them. Once you have found a topic that you both have in common, spend some time finding out more.
It is a conversation, not an interrogation, after all.
Keep it fun and casual – reserve talking of your hopes and dreams for the second and third date!
Oh, and remember to give elaborate answers to theirs, so they have something to work with too!
- What do you like to do in your free time?
- What was the last show you binge-watched?
- What were some of the turning points in your life?
- What are some accomplishments that you are really proud of?
- What is an odd talent you have or an odd fact about you?
- Who are you closest to in your family?
- What is the one chore you hate the most?
- Which is your dream country to visit?
- Who is your favourite cousin?
- What nicknames have you had throughout your life?